Share your valuable insights and expertise with our audience
Are you a professional or subject matter expert in the field of health and wellness or do you have unique perspectives on these topics that would provide valuable insights for readers who are interested in learning more about these subjects? Then you should consider submitting an article to HEAL•THY•HABITS.
What we’re looking for
- In-depth research, advice, and unique perspectives on topics related to functional fitness, mental health, nutrition, and the wellness industry, particularly as it relates to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- First-person account of what it is like to be a professional working in the health and wellness field, or interviews with experienced professionals in these fields.
- First-person account of your experience and review with wellness products or services, including but not limited to wellness apps, weight loss programs, gym memberships, wellness challenges, and medical services.
- Summaries and reviews of books related to the health and wellness field.
- Personal stories about your wellness journey, struggles, and tips that you can share that would help others build healthy habits and improve their lives.
- Recipes and tutorials on cooking and exercise routines.
Pitch a Topic
If you didn’t see your topic in our list, you may pitch your idea by emailing us at email@example.com with subject line: HEAL•THY•HABITS Submission Questions.
To pitch a topic, do not submit the full story. Please send a brief summary of your idea and include the following:
- A brief bio and a link to your Medium profile. If you do not have an account on Medium, you must sign up and complete your profile before pitching us your idea to be considered for publication. We recommend reading this post to help get you started.
- The title and subtitle of your story or article.
- One to two sentences about the topic.
- Why you think our audience would enjoy it or benefit from it.
- Please also share up to 5 links to any other publications you have written and/or your personal site, if available. If you do not have a personal website and/or have not been published before, it will not hurt your chances of being published. We simply want to be able to credit you if we promote your article or story on our website, social media channels, or newsletter.
Once your idea is approved or falls under the pre-approved categories above, (under What we’re looking for), follow the guidelines below. If you’re new to Medium, read this post to help get started.
Rules for Submission
- All submissions must adhere to the policies of the platform Medium. Please carefully review Medium’s Rules, Ad-Free Policy, Content Guidelines, and Curation Guidelines. We will report any violations of Medium’s policies.
- All submissions must include at least one unique image (the featured image of your article or story) with a proper citation.
- All submissions must be original content. We will not accept content that has been anywhere else. You may republish a post to your blog, LinkedIn, or any other platform after it has first been published by HEAL•THY•HABITS. Please review Medium’s rules on duplicate content.
- All submissions must be non-fiction and all claims should include citations from well-known and credible sources, such as the NIH, CDC, or some government entity or large publication outlet such as Time Magazine, The New York Times, Vox, Blavity, etc. We reserve the right to reject sources that do not meet to our standards.
- All submissions must be Family-friendly — i.e., no sexually graphic content. We reserve the right to reject content deemed offensive or inappropriate for our audience.
- All submissions must be inclusive. We will reject content that is disparaging of other groups or individuals.
- All submissions must be unique, well organized, and contain few spelling and grammatical errors. We will reject submissions that are abstract, meandering, lacking clear purpose or take-away, or covers a topic deemed outside the scope of the focus of our publication.
- All submissions must appropriately disclose any affiliate links. Failure to disclose affiliate links or products for promotional purposes is a violation of the law. We recommend limiting the number of affiliate links in your post to less than 5.
- We closely adhere to the Content Guidelines and Curation Guidelines provided by Medium (e.g., Titles and section headings should be written in title case; the article or story should include a subtitle written in sentence case; and sub-headings must be written in sentence case)
- Tutorials with ordered steps and lists with specific requirements should use a numbered list. General guidelines should use bullet points (use an asterisk ‘*’ or dash ‘-’ to trigger a list).
- Gifs, tik tok embeds, and other forms of media are permissible and encouraged, so long as they do not overpower your writing. Sources of the embedded media should be cited.
- Titles should be a maximum length of 50 characters and accurately indicate the topic of your story or article. Read these tips if you need advice or inspiration.
- Subtitles should be a maximum length of 160 characters and provide an enticing or descriptive synopsis to captivate the reader. Read these tips if you need advice or inspiration.
- The featured image — the first image in your story or article — should immediately follow the title and subtitle and formatted to the out-set width. We require that the featured image is landscape or horizontal orientation.
- Images within the body of your story or article should be formatted to the in-line option.
- Image citations should include a period.
- Pull quotes and block quotes may not be used as section headings. Pull quotes draw attention to the text found within the content of the story or article. Do not use pull quotes to quote someone else.
- When adding a citation within the story or article, embed the citation within the relevant section of text. For example, see this article to learn more.
- Drop caps are not allowed.
Review and Approval Process
- We allow a maximum of 1 story or article per day, per writer. Writers may submit 1 story or article for review, per day. Writers may not have more than 5 articles waiting to be reviewed at any given time.
- Please allow up to 7 days for review.
- If a submission is not yet ready for publication, we will provide a note briefly explaining why the submission was rejected. Writers are welcome to resubmit after addressing the indicated issues.
- If a submission is accepted for publication, it will be published within the next 2–3 days between 7:00am and 7:00pm EST.
Please note that we reserve the right to make changes to the submission without any notice. Possible changes include revising titles, reformatting, changing a featured image, removing undisclosed affiliate links, and removing visual media entirely. Minor changes will be made instead of rejecting a submission to save time.
If a writer prefers that our editorial team makes no changes, please add the following note in bold text after the title and subtitle: Author’s Note: Please do not revise my writing.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: HEAL•THY•HABITS Submission Questions.
HEAL•THY•HABITS Submission Requirements and Style Guide was originally published in HEAL • THY • HABITS on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.